The elected Board consists of five, on-site, home owners, in good standing with the association. Their positions are staggered so that there is always a seasoned member on the Board. Elections are held every year during our Annual Homeowners Meeting (usually in July or August).
Board Positions and duties available are as follows:
- President – Supervise all activities of the corporation; execute all instruments in its behalf; preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors and of the membership of the corporation; and perform such other duties usually inherent in such office.
- Secretary – Shall keep all records of the Board of Directors and of the corporation and to perform such other acts as the President may direct
- Vice President – Shall act for the President in her/his absence and perform such other acts as the President may direct
- Community Connections Coordinator (CCC) – Shall plan and direct, with prior approval of the board, activities that enhance community and neighborhood interaction; such as but not limited to annual garage sale, spring egg hunt, fall harvest party, summer neighborhood barbecue
- Crime Watch Coordinator – Shall organize and execute a Neighborhood Watch Program with residents and local police department
The current Yelm Terra HOA Board consists of:
- President/Secretary – Kym Drehle
- Vice President – vacant
- Landscape/Maintenance – vacant
- Landscaper- LawnPros
- Community Connection Events Coordinator – vacant
- Crime Watch – vacant
- Treasurer – Aim Accounting
Why have a Board?
The idea of a neighborhood being an associated group is that there are members within the community that help to facilitate, maintain and control THE VALUE OF OUR HOMES. That is it. The rules and regulation that have been set forth are there because we all agreed on them to be there. By purchasing a home within Yelm Terra, you agreed to abide by the rules & regulations of the neighborhoods Association Bylaws (which can be found within our CCNR’s)
What does the Board do?
Most often, we get asked the same questions over and over… so to help out with knowing where to begin, this last annual meeting had time devoted to the discussion of the purpose of having a Board and the DO’S and DON’TS of the HOA Board. The following is an excerpt from that.
The HOA Board DOES:
- Collect Dues to maintain common areas, pay contracts, and other approved expenses
- Create and maintain budget
- Mediate disputes related to CC&R’s (non domestic, non criminal, Maintain contracts (lawn pros, accountant etc.)
- Enforce CC&R’s with warnings and fines
- Approve construction (makes sure it follows CC&R’s)
The HOA Board DOES NOT
- Pay Property damage
- Replace Stolen Property
- Report Crime
- Maintain your yard (including trees and grass on other side of side walk next to street)
- Water your yard (including trees and grass on other side of side walk next to street)
- Pick up garbage and poop (that’s right, poop!)
- Issue construction permits
- Keep/issue mail box keys
- License cats and dogs
How do I contact the Board?
Go to our Contact page and send us a note.
How can I call the Board?
When you send us a note through the website, be sure to provide a telephone number. We do not publish our phone number because we don’t have a dedicated phone line for the board. We communicate to our community through this website and email or if need be, through our home phone numbers. In the past, the telephone has been used in an abusive manner to harass or target specific community members, so that practice is no longer in place. Please send us emails… we will do our best to respond in a timely manner!